KAYSVILLE – Davis High School cheerleader Quincie Emery made an amazing shot from half court, during halftime at a boys’ basketball game against Fremont on Friday.
The shot was part of a promotion by Kaysville’s Young KIA, from which Emery won $500 in cash.
The Davis high student body congratulated her Lebron James-style, by tackling her to the ground with a group hug.
Emery, 17, is a junior at Davis high, and was excited for both the shot and the cash prize. She later said, “I was excited to make the basket,” and added that she was going to put the money towards “a camera or shopping.”
Davis won the game 81-51 on the night, but Emery was the surprise star in a moment that few present will forget.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 93
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision... 4
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- High school baseball: Herriman rallies... 1
- High school soccer: Bingham rallies... 0
- High school baseball: Orem wins big... 0