KAYSVILLE – Davis High School cheerleader Quincie Emery made an amazing shot from half court, during halftime at a boys’ basketball game against Fremont on Friday.
The shot was part of a promotion by Kaysville’s Young KIA, from which Emery won $500 in cash.
The Davis high student body congratulated her Lebron James-style, by tackling her to the ground with a group hug.
Emery, 17, is a junior at Davis high, and was excited for both the shot and the cash prize. She later said, “I was excited to make the basket,” and added that she was going to put the money towards “a camera or shopping.”
Davis won the game 81-51 on the night, but Emery was the surprise star in a moment that few present will forget.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16