KAYSVILLE – Davis High School cheerleader Quincie Emery made an amazing shot from half court, during halftime at a boys’ basketball game against Fremont on Friday.
The shot was part of a promotion by Kaysville’s Young KIA, from which Emery won $500 in cash.
The Davis high student body congratulated her Lebron James-style, by tackling her to the ground with a group hug.
Emery, 17, is a junior at Davis high, and was excited for both the shot and the cash prize. She later said, “I was excited to make the basket,” and added that she was going to put the money towards “a camera or shopping.”
Davis won the game 81-51 on the night, but Emery was the surprise star in a moment that few present will forget.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 99
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33