KAYSVILLE – Davis High School cheerleader Quincie Emery made an amazing shot from half court, during halftime at a boys’ basketball game against Fremont on Friday.
The shot was part of a promotion by Kaysville’s Young KIA, from which Emery won $500 in cash.
The Davis high student body congratulated her Lebron James-style, by tackling her to the ground with a group hug.
Emery, 17, is a junior at Davis high, and was excited for both the shot and the cash prize. She later said, “I was excited to make the basket,” and added that she was going to put the money towards “a camera or shopping.”
Davis won the game 81-51 on the night, but Emery was the surprise star in a moment that few present will forget.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 44
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25