Asher Swan , The Spectrum & Daily News
CEDAR CITY — Police responding to calls of a suicidal male Friday found a man dead and a woman with a gunshot wound.
As police were en route to the home at 386 N. 400 West shortly after 2 p.m., they received word that shots had been fired at the residence, according to Cedar City public information officer Jimmy Roden.
A man outside the house told police one person inside had been shot and the second was likely armed with a handgun. Roden called the man a person of interest in the case.
The Iron Metro SWAT team found the man dead inside, along with a wounded woman. No information about her injuries or medical condition was released Friday.
The woman was airlifted from a Cedar City to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
One man was also seen being handcuffed and taken into police custody.
Alexis Camizzi, who was at her mother's home near the scene, said police knocked on the door about 2:45 p.m. and told them to evacuate.
"They told us it was a shooting inside and an armed suspect inside," Camizzi said. "They had a suspect, and they actually brought the person of interest over by our apartments."
Camizzi also said nearby schools were put on a temporary lockdown and bus routes were diverted.
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Police arrest 4 suspected in 33 'pillowcase...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 17
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13