Asher Swan , The Spectrum & Daily News
CEDAR CITY — Police responding to calls of a suicidal male Friday found a man dead and a woman with a gunshot wound.
As police were en route to the home at 386 N. 400 West shortly after 2 p.m., they received word that shots had been fired at the residence, according to Cedar City public information officer Jimmy Roden.
A man outside the house told police one person inside had been shot and the second was likely armed with a handgun. Roden called the man a person of interest in the case.
The Iron Metro SWAT team found the man dead inside, along with a wounded woman. No information about her injuries or medical condition was released Friday.
The woman was airlifted from a Cedar City to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
One man was also seen being handcuffed and taken into police custody.
Alexis Camizzi, who was at her mother's home near the scene, said police knocked on the door about 2:45 p.m. and told them to evacuate.
"They told us it was a shooting inside and an armed suspect inside," Camizzi said. "They had a suspect, and they actually brought the person of interest over by our apartments."
Camizzi also said nearby schools were put on a temporary lockdown and bus routes were diverted.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8