Asher Swan , The Spectrum & Daily News
CEDAR CITY — Police responding to calls of a suicidal male Friday found a man dead and a woman with a gunshot wound.
As police were en route to the home at 386 N. 400 West shortly after 2 p.m., they received word that shots had been fired at the residence, according to Cedar City public information officer Jimmy Roden.
A man outside the house told police one person inside had been shot and the second was likely armed with a handgun. Roden called the man a person of interest in the case.
The Iron Metro SWAT team found the man dead inside, along with a wounded woman. No information about her injuries or medical condition was released Friday.
The woman was airlifted from a Cedar City to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
One man was also seen being handcuffed and taken into police custody.
Alexis Camizzi, who was at her mother's home near the scene, said police knocked on the door about 2:45 p.m. and told them to evacuate.
"They told us it was a shooting inside and an armed suspect inside," Camizzi said. "They had a suspect, and they actually brought the person of interest over by our apartments."
Camizzi also said nearby schools were put on a temporary lockdown and bus routes were diverted.
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Family touched by tragedy gives back to Orem...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 301
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 47
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 35