USU basketball: Aggies conclude road trip against New Mexico State on ESPN3 Saturday
Harry How, Getty Images
Utah State women’s basketball (14-10, 11-2 WAC) concludes a brief two-game road trip against New Mexico State (10-14, 4-10) on Saturday, Feb. 16. at 6:30 p.m. in a game that will be televised on ESPN3. USU is looking for the series sweep with the crimson Aggies, defeating NMSU, 65-63, on Jan. 17 in Logan, which was the beginning of Utah State’s eight-game winning streak.
USU has now won 12 of its last 14 games, dating back to a win against South Dakota on Dec. 20. The Aggies last loss came against San Jose State on the road on Jan. 12, 103-80.
The Aggies are in the midst of a season-high eight-game winning streak. The eight-straight games tied the 1975-76 team for the longest winning streak in school history.
New Mexico State holds an 18-16 series lead over Utah State. Since both teams joined the WAC for the 2005-06 season, USU leads 10-6. The blue Aggies have won the last five games, including the last meeting in Logan on Jan. 17. Freshman guard Makenlee Williams nailed a three with one second on the clock to put USU over NMSU, 65-63.
New Mexico State is 10-14 overall this season and 4-10 in league contests. The Aggies snapped a nine-game losing streak with a dominating 90-70 win against San Jose State on Thursday. NMSU has WAC wins against Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Texas State and San Jose State. The crimson Aggies won their first three WAC games this season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19