USU basketball: Aggies conclude road trip against New Mexico State on ESPN3 Saturday
Harry How, Getty Images
Utah State women’s basketball (14-10, 11-2 WAC) concludes a brief two-game road trip against New Mexico State (10-14, 4-10) on Saturday, Feb. 16. at 6:30 p.m. in a game that will be televised on ESPN3. USU is looking for the series sweep with the crimson Aggies, defeating NMSU, 65-63, on Jan. 17 in Logan, which was the beginning of Utah State’s eight-game winning streak.
USU has now won 12 of its last 14 games, dating back to a win against South Dakota on Dec. 20. The Aggies last loss came against San Jose State on the road on Jan. 12, 103-80.
The Aggies are in the midst of a season-high eight-game winning streak. The eight-straight games tied the 1975-76 team for the longest winning streak in school history.
New Mexico State holds an 18-16 series lead over Utah State. Since both teams joined the WAC for the 2005-06 season, USU leads 10-6. The blue Aggies have won the last five games, including the last meeting in Logan on Jan. 17. Freshman guard Makenlee Williams nailed a three with one second on the clock to put USU over NMSU, 65-63.
New Mexico State is 10-14 overall this season and 4-10 in league contests. The Aggies snapped a nine-game losing streak with a dominating 90-70 win against San Jose State on Thursday. NMSU has WAC wins against Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Texas State and San Jose State. The crimson Aggies won their first three WAC games this season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 32