USU basketball: Aggies conclude road trip against New Mexico State on ESPN3 Saturday
Harry How, Getty Images
Utah State women’s basketball (14-10, 11-2 WAC) concludes a brief two-game road trip against New Mexico State (10-14, 4-10) on Saturday, Feb. 16. at 6:30 p.m. in a game that will be televised on ESPN3. USU is looking for the series sweep with the crimson Aggies, defeating NMSU, 65-63, on Jan. 17 in Logan, which was the beginning of Utah State’s eight-game winning streak.
USU has now won 12 of its last 14 games, dating back to a win against South Dakota on Dec. 20. The Aggies last loss came against San Jose State on the road on Jan. 12, 103-80.
The Aggies are in the midst of a season-high eight-game winning streak. The eight-straight games tied the 1975-76 team for the longest winning streak in school history.
New Mexico State holds an 18-16 series lead over Utah State. Since both teams joined the WAC for the 2005-06 season, USU leads 10-6. The blue Aggies have won the last five games, including the last meeting in Logan on Jan. 17. Freshman guard Makenlee Williams nailed a three with one second on the clock to put USU over NMSU, 65-63.
New Mexico State is 10-14 overall this season and 4-10 in league contests. The Aggies snapped a nine-game losing streak with a dominating 90-70 win against San Jose State on Thursday. NMSU has WAC wins against Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Texas State and San Jose State. The crimson Aggies won their first three WAC games this season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25