USU tennis: Aggie men's tennis set to play back-to-back matches Saturday
Utah State men's tennis returns to Logan this weekend, where it will take on Idaho and Mesa State in back-to-back matches on Saturday, Feb. 16. Play will begin at 9:30 a.m. (MT) against Idaho and 3 p.m. against Mesa State. Both matches will take place at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club in Logan.
The Aggies are currently 2-5 for the spring season and after a 6-1 loss to Utah one week ago, are looking for a couple of wins at home.
Athletes to watch for the Aggies include senior Sven Poslusny who is sitting at 4-2 in the No. 1 singles spot and 3-4 in the first doubles position with sophomore partner Marcus Fritz. Sophomore Matt Sweet, who last week was named the Western Athletic Conference player of the week, is currently sitting at 2-4 in the No. 4 singles position after winning two of his three matches last week and is 3-0 in the third doubles spot with junior partner Andrew Whiting.
After this weekend, USU will hit the road to Bozeman, Mont., on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22-23. They will compete in two dual matches against Montana State and Montana State-Billings. Play will begin against Montana State on Friday and against Montana State-Billings on Saturday. Both matches are scheduled for 9 a.m. start times.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48