SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah this fall are due by March 4.
Applications for permits, bonus points and preference points will be accepted through the application page at www.utah-hunt.com until 11 p.m. March 4.
A general season deer hunting change that started in Utah in 2012 will continue in 2013. Instead of hunting deer on five large regions, hunters in 2013 will hunt on 30 smaller units. Go to wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/ for more information.
People who are not going to hunt in 2013 can still apply for a bonus point or a preference point, which increase the chance a person will draw a permit the next time they apply.
The application for a point must be received through the application page no later than 11 p.m. March 18.
People with questions about applying for a 2013 Utah big game hunting permit can call the Utah Hunt Application office at 800-221-0659 or the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7