SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah this fall are due by March 4.
Applications for permits, bonus points and preference points will be accepted through the application page at www.utah-hunt.com until 11 p.m. March 4.
A general season deer hunting change that started in Utah in 2012 will continue in 2013. Instead of hunting deer on five large regions, hunters in 2013 will hunt on 30 smaller units. Go to wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/ for more information.
People who are not going to hunt in 2013 can still apply for a bonus point or a preference point, which increase the chance a person will draw a permit the next time they apply.
The application for a point must be received through the application page no later than 11 p.m. March 18.
People with questions about applying for a 2013 Utah big game hunting permit can call the Utah Hunt Application office at 800-221-0659 or the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Second student sues district over... 14
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 10