SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah this fall are due by March 4.
Applications for permits, bonus points and preference points will be accepted through the application page at www.utah-hunt.com until 11 p.m. March 4.
A general season deer hunting change that started in Utah in 2012 will continue in 2013. Instead of hunting deer on five large regions, hunters in 2013 will hunt on 30 smaller units. Go to wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/ for more information.
People who are not going to hunt in 2013 can still apply for a bonus point or a preference point, which increase the chance a person will draw a permit the next time they apply.
The application for a point must be received through the application page no later than 11 p.m. March 18.
People with questions about applying for a 2013 Utah big game hunting permit can call the Utah Hunt Application office at 800-221-0659 or the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12