SANDY — The 2013-14 school year in the Canyons School District will begin Aug. 19 and end June 4.
The Canyons Board of Education approved the school calendar, which includes slight changes to accommodate grade reconfiguration in the upcoming school year, during which ninth grade will be moved to high school and a new middle school curriculum will be introduced.
One change includes placing middle schools on the same calendar as elementary schools to better meet the needs of middle school students, who are moving from a schedule of four quarters to three terms per year.
The Brighton High School trimester school year calendar remains similar to what it has been in the past
Fall recess will be Oct. 17-18, winter recess will be from Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 and spring recess will be April 14-18.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11