SANDY — The 2013-14 school year in the Canyons School District will begin Aug. 19 and end June 4.
The Canyons Board of Education approved the school calendar, which includes slight changes to accommodate grade reconfiguration in the upcoming school year, during which ninth grade will be moved to high school and a new middle school curriculum will be introduced.
One change includes placing middle schools on the same calendar as elementary schools to better meet the needs of middle school students, who are moving from a schedule of four quarters to three terms per year.
The Brighton High School trimester school year calendar remains similar to what it has been in the past
Fall recess will be Oct. 17-18, winter recess will be from Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 and spring recess will be April 14-18.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17