SANDY — The 2013-14 school year in the Canyons School District will begin Aug. 19 and end June 4.
The Canyons Board of Education approved the school calendar, which includes slight changes to accommodate grade reconfiguration in the upcoming school year, during which ninth grade will be moved to high school and a new middle school curriculum will be introduced.
One change includes placing middle schools on the same calendar as elementary schools to better meet the needs of middle school students, who are moving from a schedule of four quarters to three terms per year.
The Brighton High School trimester school year calendar remains similar to what it has been in the past
Fall recess will be Oct. 17-18, winter recess will be from Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 and spring recess will be April 14-18.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20