Welfare tour: “One of my fondest dreams has been to take a tour of Welfare Square, headquarters of the welfare program of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Well, I got my wish today. My teen daughter thinks I'm a bit weird to have a dream like that.” And this LDS preparedness blogger takes us along on a virtual tour, via descriptions and photos, of what she discovered. After marveling at all the good work done at Welfare Sqaure, she testifies, “I am so grateful for such an amazing LDS welfare program that was organized to help those in need and help us all to become self-reliant. For me, the greatest blessing of this program is the opportunity to help others. It is 'when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.' May we each find opportunities to serve. What a blessing to be part of this great church!” Click in for more as well as information on how to go on your own tour.
Oprah.com recipe: Crossing off her “be involved somehow with Oprah” on her to-do list, this blogger highlights “The day my recipe was on Oprah.com” with a huge screenshot. Love it. Click in to find out what recipe made the site.
Tracking sheets: Have children working on the Faith in God program? Then check out these printable “Faith in God Tracking Sheets” that can help you and them stay organized as they work toward their goal. Download, print, display and then fill out!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5