Utah State basketball: Denver defeats Aggies with OT buzzer beater, 63-60
LOGAN - The Utah State Aggies suffered a heartbreaking overtime loss this Valentine's day, as they were beaten by the Denver Pioneers 63-60, thanks to a Brett Olson three-point shot at the buzzer.
Junior Aggie Spencer Butterfield had made a three-point jumper seconds earlier to tie the game at 60 points apiece.
The game was close from the start, and it took more than two minutes of game play before either team had points on the board. Denver finally broke the deadlock when Olson made a two-point jumper.
It remained close in the second half, and it seemed that fortune might be swinging towards the Aggies when Marcel Davis made the free throw that brought the game into overtime.
However, nothing could stop Olson's shot once it left his hands. He finished the game with 17 points.
Jarred Shaw was the best USU player, with 18 points and nine rebounds on the night.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16