Utah State basketball: Denver defeats Aggies with OT buzzer beater, 63-60
LOGAN - The Utah State Aggies suffered a heartbreaking overtime loss this Valentine's day, as they were beaten by the Denver Pioneers 63-60, thanks to a Brett Olson three-point shot at the buzzer.
Junior Aggie Spencer Butterfield had made a three-point jumper seconds earlier to tie the game at 60 points apiece.
The game was close from the start, and it took more than two minutes of game play before either team had points on the board. Denver finally broke the deadlock when Olson made a two-point jumper.
It remained close in the second half, and it seemed that fortune might be swinging towards the Aggies when Marcel Davis made the free throw that brought the game into overtime.
However, nothing could stop Olson's shot once it left his hands. He finished the game with 17 points.
Jarred Shaw was the best USU player, with 18 points and nine rebounds on the night.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15