Utah State basketball: Denver defeats Aggies with OT buzzer beater, 63-60
LOGAN - The Utah State Aggies suffered a heartbreaking overtime loss this Valentine's day, as they were beaten by the Denver Pioneers 63-60, thanks to a Brett Olson three-point shot at the buzzer.
Junior Aggie Spencer Butterfield had made a three-point jumper seconds earlier to tie the game at 60 points apiece.
The game was close from the start, and it took more than two minutes of game play before either team had points on the board. Denver finally broke the deadlock when Olson made a two-point jumper.
It remained close in the second half, and it seemed that fortune might be swinging towards the Aggies when Marcel Davis made the free throw that brought the game into overtime.
However, nothing could stop Olson's shot once it left his hands. He finished the game with 17 points.
Jarred Shaw was the best USU player, with 18 points and nine rebounds on the night.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 29
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22