Utah State basketball: Denver defeats Aggies with OT buzzer beater, 63-60
LOGAN - The Utah State Aggies suffered a heartbreaking overtime loss this Valentine's day, as they were beaten by the Denver Pioneers 63-60, thanks to a Brett Olson three-point shot at the buzzer.
Junior Aggie Spencer Butterfield had made a three-point jumper seconds earlier to tie the game at 60 points apiece.
The game was close from the start, and it took more than two minutes of game play before either team had points on the board. Denver finally broke the deadlock when Olson made a two-point jumper.
It remained close in the second half, and it seemed that fortune might be swinging towards the Aggies when Marcel Davis made the free throw that brought the game into overtime.
However, nothing could stop Olson's shot once it left his hands. He finished the game with 17 points.
Jarred Shaw was the best USU player, with 18 points and nine rebounds on the night.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19