USU softball: Aggies travel to Arizona for Hillenbrand Invitational
Utah State softball once again heads south for weekend action as it prepares for five games in the Hillenbrand Invitational in Tucson, Ariz. All the games will be played at the Rita Hillenbrand Memorial Stadium on host-team Arizona’s campus.
USU will leadoff the invitational on Friday, Feb. 15, with another matchup with in-state foe Southern Utah, who took last weekend’s Red Desert Classic meeting, 4-1. Game time against SUU is set for 11 a.m. (MT). The Aggies will then square-off with BIG 10 opponent Purdue at 1 p.m. (MT).
In the second day of action, Utah State will see another BIG 10 opponent in Nebraska with first pitch set for 9 a.m. (MT). USU will conclude Saturday’s play with its first-ever meeting with Drake, which is scheduled to get underway at 11 a.m. (MT).
In the final game of the five-game set, the Aggies will lock horns with its second USA Today/NFCA ranked opponent of the season as they take on no. 16 ranked and host Arizona. Sunday’s action is set to start at 1 p.m. (MT).
Fans can follow all of the weekend’s action through GameTracker links that will be available on the USU website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34