South Jordan couple, stuck in legal limbo, brings home daughter from Russia
He said he also learned about the depth of kindness and generosity of those surrounding them. Most of his family lives within 60 miles, and their families, with friends, neighbors and others in the community, rallied to help and support his family.
"That's been one of the best parts of this, is seeing people who want to help and just need a cause," Wayne Bonner said.
He and his other daughters had been able to stay in touch with Jeana and Jaymi mostly through video chats. Being able to see Jaymi has been a comfort throughout all the obstacles. Now he looks forward to having all of them home, where they can be together.
Both Wayne and Jeana Bonner's parents were also at the airport Thursday. Jeana's mother, LaJean Rasmussen, said the excitement of the moment her daughter called and said, "She's ours" was reflected in the energy, emotion and enthusiasm.
"Finally," she said. "Finally. We're very, very excited. It was just a lot of faith and prayers."
Wayne Bonner's parents, Amy and Clark, said they have been impressed by the faith and dedication of their son and his wife. They saw that commitment as soon as Kaelyn was born and Wayne called raising the girl "living the dream."
"It's called payback, knowing they have the strength and determination to do the right thing," Amy Bonner said.
"We're proud of them," Clark Bonner added.
It was easy for them to sum up seeing their children with their children, surrounded by their families.
"It's the best Valentine's present we could ask for," Amy Bonner said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8