SALT LAKE CITY — Six MountainStar Healthcare facilities in Utah received recognition Thursday for their advanced treatment of patients with heart attacks and chest pain.
Lakeview Hospital, St. Mark's Hospital, Lone Peak Emergency Center, Ogden Regional Medical Center, Brigham City Community Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital are some of the first in the state to become accredited chest pain centers, an honor bestowed by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Each facility engaged in rigorous standardization of their cardiac care processes, according to Dr. Scott Williams, MountainStar's chief medical officer. He said patients can feel safe knowing the care they receive is based on the most current research and best clinical practices, which provides early treatment and a systematic approach that reduces the time between onset of symptoms and treatment.
"Simply put, this means we're able to save more lives," Williams said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29