SALT LAKE CITY — Six MountainStar Healthcare facilities in Utah received recognition Thursday for their advanced treatment of patients with heart attacks and chest pain.
Lakeview Hospital, St. Mark's Hospital, Lone Peak Emergency Center, Ogden Regional Medical Center, Brigham City Community Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital are some of the first in the state to become accredited chest pain centers, an honor bestowed by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Each facility engaged in rigorous standardization of their cardiac care processes, according to Dr. Scott Williams, MountainStar's chief medical officer. He said patients can feel safe knowing the care they receive is based on the most current research and best clinical practices, which provides early treatment and a systematic approach that reduces the time between onset of symptoms and treatment.
"Simply put, this means we're able to save more lives," Williams said.
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18