Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An art exhibit honoring American Indians kicked off with a preview Thursday.
"Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City will run through Aug. 11.
The exhibit is a collection of more than 100 oil paintings, sculpture, and works on paper drawn primarily from the Diane and Sam Stewart Collection, according to the UMFA website.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11