Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An art exhibit honoring American Indians kicked off with a preview Thursday.
"Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City will run through Aug. 11.
The exhibit is a collection of more than 100 oil paintings, sculpture, and works on paper drawn primarily from the Diane and Sam Stewart Collection, according to the UMFA website.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution... 98
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20