Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An art exhibit honoring American Indians kicked off with a preview Thursday.
"Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City will run through Aug. 11.
The exhibit is a collection of more than 100 oil paintings, sculpture, and works on paper drawn primarily from the Diane and Sam Stewart Collection, according to the UMFA website.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Kearns woman sent to prison for running over...
- New center a 'triage unit' for front-line...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14