Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An art exhibit honoring American Indians kicked off with a preview Thursday.
"Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City will run through Aug. 11.
The exhibit is a collection of more than 100 oil paintings, sculpture, and works on paper drawn primarily from the Diane and Sam Stewart Collection, according to the UMFA website.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15