Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An art exhibit honoring American Indians kicked off with a preview Thursday.
"Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City will run through Aug. 11.
The exhibit is a collection of more than 100 oil paintings, sculpture, and works on paper drawn primarily from the Diane and Sam Stewart Collection, according to the UMFA website.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 29
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 28
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 21