SALT LAKE CITY — In conjunction with the construction of the city's new Public Safety Building, 300 East will be temporarily closed between 400 and 500 South from March 1 to May 29 for major improvements.
Residents and commuters are advised to seek alternative routes during that time.
Scheduled improvements include the installation of public art on the corner of 300 East and 500 South. Also, 300 East will be narrowed to one lane in each direction, and bike lanes will be added in each direction. A mid-street island will be added for future festivals and events.
Additional work will include rain gardens being added along the sidewalk, helping to reduce harmful runoff, and trees and additional landscaping will be planted. Terraced walls will be added along the new building to create more public space and seating, and a new mid-block crossing will be added to connect the new public plaza to Library Square.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 85
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 27
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24