SALT LAKE CITY — In conjunction with the construction of the city's new Public Safety Building, 300 East will be temporarily closed between 400 and 500 South from March 1 to May 29 for major improvements.
Residents and commuters are advised to seek alternative routes during that time.
Scheduled improvements include the installation of public art on the corner of 300 East and 500 South. Also, 300 East will be narrowed to one lane in each direction, and bike lanes will be added in each direction. A mid-street island will be added for future festivals and events.
Additional work will include rain gardens being added along the sidewalk, helping to reduce harmful runoff, and trees and additional landscaping will be planted. Terraced walls will be added along the new building to create more public space and seating, and a new mid-block crossing will be added to connect the new public plaza to Library Square.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14