SANDY — Canyons School District is accepting applications for its preschool programs.
New-student applications for available spots in the preschool programs at Altara, Butler, Jordan Valley, Quail Hollow and Willow Springs elementary schools will be taken until Feb. 28. Cost to attend is $70 per month.
All schools with space for tuition-paying students have morning and afternoon sessions. Morning sessions are 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.; afternoon sessions are 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Students in the program attend two days a week, either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents can apply on the Canyons District website.
Acceptance or denial letters will be mailed by April 1. Students who are not accepted are placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available.
For parents interested in enrolling children in Midvale or Sandy elementary Title I preschools, those applications will be available at the schools or the Early Childhood Development Office starting March 1. Families must live within the Midvale or Sandy boundaries, and children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1. There is no fee associated with the Title I programs.
For more information, call 801-826-5112.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15