SANDY — Canyons School District is accepting applications for its preschool programs.
New-student applications for available spots in the preschool programs at Altara, Butler, Jordan Valley, Quail Hollow and Willow Springs elementary schools will be taken until Feb. 28. Cost to attend is $70 per month.
All schools with space for tuition-paying students have morning and afternoon sessions. Morning sessions are 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.; afternoon sessions are 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Students in the program attend two days a week, either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents can apply on the Canyons District website.
Acceptance or denial letters will be mailed by April 1. Students who are not accepted are placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available.
For parents interested in enrolling children in Midvale or Sandy elementary Title I preschools, those applications will be available at the schools or the Early Childhood Development Office starting March 1. Families must live within the Midvale or Sandy boundaries, and children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1. There is no fee associated with the Title I programs.
For more information, call 801-826-5112.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13