SANDY — Canyons School District is accepting applications for its preschool programs.
New-student applications for available spots in the preschool programs at Altara, Butler, Jordan Valley, Quail Hollow and Willow Springs elementary schools will be taken until Feb. 28. Cost to attend is $70 per month.
All schools with space for tuition-paying students have morning and afternoon sessions. Morning sessions are 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.; afternoon sessions are 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Students in the program attend two days a week, either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents can apply on the Canyons District website.
Acceptance or denial letters will be mailed by April 1. Students who are not accepted are placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available.
For parents interested in enrolling children in Midvale or Sandy elementary Title I preschools, those applications will be available at the schools or the Early Childhood Development Office starting March 1. Families must live within the Midvale or Sandy boundaries, and children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1. There is no fee associated with the Title I programs.
For more information, call 801-826-5112.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14