SANDY — Canyons School District is accepting applications for its preschool programs.
New-student applications for available spots in the preschool programs at Altara, Butler, Jordan Valley, Quail Hollow and Willow Springs elementary schools will be taken until Feb. 28. Cost to attend is $70 per month.
All schools with space for tuition-paying students have morning and afternoon sessions. Morning sessions are 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.; afternoon sessions are 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Students in the program attend two days a week, either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents can apply on the Canyons District website.
Acceptance or denial letters will be mailed by April 1. Students who are not accepted are placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available.
For parents interested in enrolling children in Midvale or Sandy elementary Title I preschools, those applications will be available at the schools or the Early Childhood Development Office starting March 1. Families must live within the Midvale or Sandy boundaries, and children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1. There is no fee associated with the Title I programs.
For more information, call 801-826-5112.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11