SANDY — Canyons School District is accepting applications for its preschool programs.
New-student applications for available spots in the preschool programs at Altara, Butler, Jordan Valley, Quail Hollow and Willow Springs elementary schools will be taken until Feb. 28. Cost to attend is $70 per month.
All schools with space for tuition-paying students have morning and afternoon sessions. Morning sessions are 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.; afternoon sessions are 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Students in the program attend two days a week, either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents can apply on the Canyons District website.
Acceptance or denial letters will be mailed by April 1. Students who are not accepted are placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available.
For parents interested in enrolling children in Midvale or Sandy elementary Title I preschools, those applications will be available at the schools or the Early Childhood Development Office starting March 1. Families must live within the Midvale or Sandy boundaries, and children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1. There is no fee associated with the Title I programs.
For more information, call 801-826-5112.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8