SALT LAKE CITY — Best-selling author and Harvard professor Michael Sandel will give the 2013 Tanner Lecture on Human Values, sponsored by the University of Utah Tanner Humanities Center.
Sandel's lecture, titled “Casino Capitalism: Gambling, Investing and the Ethics of Speculation,” will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle. This event is free, but tickets are required and available through the Kingsbury Hall box office or by calling 801-581-7100.
The lecture will explore whether capitalism today has lost its way, and how it might find its moral bearings.
Sandel is the Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Professor of Government at Harvard University. He is the author of multiple books, including “Justice: What's the Right Thing to Do?” and most recently, “What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits of Markets,” which was published in April.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23