“The Man With the Iron Fists” (Universal/Blu-ray, 2012; R for violence, sex, language, drugs; two discs, $34.98; Blu-ray, DVD and digital versions; theatrical and unrated/extended versions, deleted scenes, featurettes). Ridiculous wild-eyed mix of vintage Western and kung fu elements from hip-hop artist RZA is an over-the-top bloody mess, albeit with phony digital blood. “Presented” by Quentin Tarantino and featuring, believe it or not, Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu! (Also on DVD, $29.98)
“Kill for Me” (Sony, 2012; R for violence, language, sex; $22.99, featurette). “Strangers on a Train” meets “Single White Female” in a college dorm in this been-there-done-that thriller. Katie Cassidy, whose abusive boyfriend is stalking her, becomes roomies with Tracy Spiridakos, who claims her father abused her. You can guess the rest.
“Lake Placid: The Final Chapter” (Sony, 2012; R for violence, language, sex, nudity; $22.99). Cheapjack Syfy cable movie is the fourth film in the gory franchise about giant crocodiles eating tourists and poachers, “Jaws”-style. This time the area has been fenced off but wouldn’t you know it, a busload of school kids accidentally finds its way in just in time for dinner.
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Summer movie preview: Hollywood bets big again
- Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Salt Lake Comic Con balloon artist attempts...
- Il Divo makes a stop in Salt Lake City
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned, comes in...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Film about man's crusade against child... 7
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on... 3
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer... 2
- Salt Lake Comic Con balloon artist... 2
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned,... 1
- Il Divo makes a stop in Salt Lake City 1
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: While we are our... 1