“The Man With the Iron Fists” (Universal/Blu-ray, 2012; R for violence, sex, language, drugs; two discs, $34.98; Blu-ray, DVD and digital versions; theatrical and unrated/extended versions, deleted scenes, featurettes). Ridiculous wild-eyed mix of vintage Western and kung fu elements from hip-hop artist RZA is an over-the-top bloody mess, albeit with phony digital blood. “Presented” by Quentin Tarantino and featuring, believe it or not, Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu! (Also on DVD, $29.98)
“Kill for Me” (Sony, 2012; R for violence, language, sex; $22.99, featurette). “Strangers on a Train” meets “Single White Female” in a college dorm in this been-there-done-that thriller. Katie Cassidy, whose abusive boyfriend is stalking her, becomes roomies with Tracy Spiridakos, who claims her father abused her. You can guess the rest.
“Lake Placid: The Final Chapter” (Sony, 2012; R for violence, language, sex, nudity; $22.99). Cheapjack Syfy cable movie is the fourth film in the gory franchise about giant crocodiles eating tourists and poachers, “Jaws”-style. This time the area has been fenced off but wouldn’t you know it, a busload of school kids accidentally finds its way in just in time for dinner.
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Ranking movies from best to worst
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises... 4
- Ranking movies from best to worst 4
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on... 3
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 2