USU gymnastics to start three-meet road swing with tri-meet at San Jose State on Friday
After a week of home competition, Utah State gymnastics is back on the road, kicking off its three-week road trip as it pays a visit to San Jose State in a tri-meet with Brown University on Friday, Feb. 15. Action will get underway at 8 p.m. (MT) from SJSU's Event Center.
Competition between USU and SJSU will count toward Western Athletic Conference standings. The Aggies are 0-1 in the WAC, while the Spartans are 0-2.
The Aggies are 2-4 on the season, coming off a tight win over Air Force last weekend, edging the Falcons 193.575-193.200. Sophomore Sarah Landes has claimed the all-around title for the last three meets, while freshman Kinzey Martinez has earned one event title in the same meets.
The Spartans are coming off their season-best team score at Seattle Pacific and are 5-8 on the season after six meets. Earning an overall score of 193.625 Friday, the team is averaging 193.096.
The Bears are coming off a bye week. Prior to that, the team had a third-place finish in a quad-meet at Rutgers where it scored a total score of 191.850. Brown is currently in second place in the Eastern College Athletic Conference with an average overall score of 191.942. The team is 3-4 on the season, earning its season-high score of 192.225 in a home quad-meet on Jan. 20.
As conference opponents, Utah State and San Jose State have a long history of competition. SJSU leads the series 13-12. The two teams have competed at each other’s arena six times each but have met 13 times at a neutral site. This will be the first meeting between USU and Brown.
The Aggies continue their long road swing with a tri-meet at Denver on Feb. 23. The team will face WAC-rival DU, along with Rutgers. USU will then head back to California for a dual-meet at Sacramento State on March 1 before returning home to host BYU on Monday, March 4.
Live results for Friday's meet are available by clicking on the "Live Results" and "Watch Live" links on the USU website that will redirect to San Jose State's website. There will be a small fee to watch the video feed, and the live stats link will only work once the meet has started.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25