USU basketball: Aggie women's basketball set for Valentine's Day game with Denver on Thursday
Utah State women's basketball opens a two-game road swing at Denver on Thursday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m., for a Valentine's Day matchup.
USU is currently 13-10 overall and 10-2 in Western Athletic Conference action, while DU is 11-13 overall and 6-7 in league contests.
The Aggies are in the midst of a season-high seven-game winning streak. The seven-game winning streak is the longest since an eight-game winning streak during the 1975-76 season. Utah State's last loss came against the Aggies' next opponent, San Jose State, on Jan. 12, 103-80. Last season, USU had a six-game winning streak.
The Jan. 19 meeting between the Aggies and Pioneers was the first-ever between the two teams with Utah State capturing the 85-69 win in Logan. Thursday's game will be USU's first trip to Denver.
The Pioneers have lost two-straight games on the road to Seattle and Idaho. Prior to the losing streak, Denver had won three-straight games at home against New Mexico State, UTSA and Texas State. The Pioneers are 4-3 at home in WAC games.
DU continues to be led by Morgan Van Riper-Rose, who is the only player who averages in double figures, scoring 12.6 points per game. The Pioneers score 65.0 ppg, while allowing 66.4.
In Utah State's win over San Jose State, four different players scored in double figures in Jennifer Schlott, Devyn Christensen, Makenlee Williams and Stephanie Bairstow. Eleven of the 12 active players different players scored in the game. The Aggies also had 25 assists. Eight different players had a help in the 87-54 victory over the Spartans.
The Aggies will conclude their brief two-game road trip in Las Cruces against New Mexico State on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 6:30 p.m. The game against the crimson Aggies can be seen on ESPN3.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 19
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 9
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 8