Father mourning second child gunned down within a year
Man suspected in Midvale triple homicide arrested after large manhunt
According to court records, Lucero and Joshua Tatafu were using drugs inside a parked vehicle in West Valley City on Feb. 5 when an officer pulled up. Lucero also had three other women's identification cards in her possession, according to police. As the officer was transporting Tatafu to jail, the man told the officer he was going to injure him, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. When the two got out of the squad car, Tatafu allegedly kicked the officer. Lucero was released from jail to Pre-Trial Services.
In December, Lucero was convicted of shoplifting, a class B misdemeanor. Also in 2012, Lucero was charged with assault, intentionally destroying property and domestic violence in the presence of a child. All charges were later dismissed. In a separate incident, she was convicted of selling tobacco to a minor, a class C misdemeanor.
Young had a relatively minor criminal history, according to court records. She was convicted of attempted forgery in 2011, shoplifting in 2010, and disorderly conduct in both 2010 and 2009 for which she was sentenced to 90 days in jail each time. Court records show she has also had four eviction notices filed against her since 2003.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13