Father mourning second child gunned down within a year
Man suspected in Midvale triple homicide arrested after large manhunt
According to court records, Lucero and Joshua Tatafu were using drugs inside a parked vehicle in West Valley City on Feb. 5 when an officer pulled up. Lucero also had three other women's identification cards in her possession, according to police. As the officer was transporting Tatafu to jail, the man told the officer he was going to injure him, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. When the two got out of the squad car, Tatafu allegedly kicked the officer. Lucero was released from jail to Pre-Trial Services.
In December, Lucero was convicted of shoplifting, a class B misdemeanor. Also in 2012, Lucero was charged with assault, intentionally destroying property and domestic violence in the presence of a child. All charges were later dismissed. In a separate incident, she was convicted of selling tobacco to a minor, a class C misdemeanor.
Young had a relatively minor criminal history, according to court records. She was convicted of attempted forgery in 2011, shoplifting in 2010, and disorderly conduct in both 2010 and 2009 for which she was sentenced to 90 days in jail each time. Court records show she has also had four eviction notices filed against her since 2003.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24