Utah Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes dont blink, pull off 60-55 upset over ASU
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Runnin' Utes put together a 14-2 run to end the game and pull off a 60-55 upset win over Arizona State on Wednesday evening.
Shooting 75 percent from the free-throw line, the Utes made all six free throws in the waning seconds to seal the victory.
Utes center Jason Washburn led his team with 26 points, nine rebounds and two blocks.
ASU guard Carrick Felix recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Utah handed the Sun Devils their seventh loss of the season.
Full recap coming soon.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 86
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 31
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14