Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Clean air activists gathered to protest against tar sands strip mining Wednesday at Gov. Gary Herbert's office in the state Capitol. The protest, led by Utah Tar Sands Resistance and Peaceful Uprising, was called a "Coff-in" (cough-in) in reference to air quality.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12