Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Clean air activists gathered to protest against tar sands strip mining Wednesday at Gov. Gary Herbert's office in the state Capitol. The protest, led by Utah Tar Sands Resistance and Peaceful Uprising, was called a "Coff-in" (cough-in) in reference to air quality.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 34
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12