After a 109-94 loss in Salt Lake City, Thunder star Kevin Durant tweeted his frustration with some of the Jazz fans who were sitting behind Oklahoma City’s bench.
"I love playing in Utah, just upset at how the fans treated us behind our bench. we don’t deserve that but I’m movin on," Durant said in a tweet that has since been deleted.
The next day a fan claiming to be the one who heckled the Thunder bench called in to the DJ & PK show on 1280 The Zone. The fan told the show that he has season tickets behind the visitors bench and frequently heckles opposing teams and players.
"We take great joy and pride getting under the skin of the other players, in a very tactful way generally," the fan said.
The fan claims that he heckled Durant, Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins.
"Perkins was sitting there brewing, he had had a terrible day," said the fan. The fan then started to heckle Perkins about running an isolation play.
"Perkins couldn't help himself at that point, he engaged me, gave me eye contact and then said he was going to do things to my momma," said the fan.
The fan continued to heckle Perkins and security ended up getting involved.
"Perkins and I have history," said the fan. The fan says that during a previous game against the Thunder he brought a poster of Clippers star Blake Griffin posterizing Perkins to the game and asked Perkins if he would autograph it.
The Thunder stars were visibly frustrated during and after the game.
Durant received his first flagrant foul of his career after intentionally bumping Utah player Alec Burks. Westbrook was upset by a reporter's questions during the post game interview and walked away.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19