“We looked it up as a family. We discussed girls and education, and how blessed we are. It was one of my favorite family home evening lessons,” Manning said. “There are some plights that women have in the world that we are not really in touch with here in North America. ... Issues like that help our young people to understand what is going on in the world. Help them start catching a vision of why being well-mannered and showing respect today to those around us matters, that is has an impact and a ripple effect.”
Many LDS Church leaders have spoken about the importance of honoring women.
In his April 1999 remarks, Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve said women are a blessing in our lives.
“You young men need to know that you can hardly achieve your highest potential without the influence of good women, particularly your mother, and, in a few years, a good wife.”
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7