5 former Utah college stars who could be impacted this NFL offseason
The lights at the Superdome have barely been intentionally turned off, signaling the end of another NFL season, and it hasn't been long since the confetti was swept up following the Ravens' Super Bowl victory celebration.
Yet there is still plenty to look forward to and speculate as the NFL heads into the offseason with the free-agency period, which starts on March 12, now less than a month away.
Teams will begin to restructure, not only from a personnel standpoint, but perhaps more importantly from a financial standpoint, as they try to keep themselves under or near the league's salary cap.
These financial decisions are set to have a significant impact on players' futures, and several athletes who played collegiately in the state of Utah will be counted among those whose NFL future is altered.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26