5 former Utah college stars who could be impacted this NFL offseason
The lights at the Superdome have barely been intentionally turned off, signaling the end of another NFL season, and it hasn't been long since the confetti was swept up following the Ravens' Super Bowl victory celebration.
Yet there is still plenty to look forward to and speculate as the NFL heads into the offseason with the free-agency period, which starts on March 12, now less than a month away.
Teams will begin to restructure, not only from a personnel standpoint, but perhaps more importantly from a financial standpoint, as they try to keep themselves under or near the league's salary cap.
These financial decisions are set to have a significant impact on players' futures, and several athletes who played collegiately in the state of Utah will be counted among those whose NFL future is altered.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 283
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36