5 former Utah college stars who could be impacted this NFL offseason
The lights at the Superdome have barely been intentionally turned off, signaling the end of another NFL season, and it hasn't been long since the confetti was swept up following the Ravens' Super Bowl victory celebration.
Yet there is still plenty to look forward to and speculate as the NFL heads into the offseason with the free-agency period, which starts on March 12, now less than a month away.
Teams will begin to restructure, not only from a personnel standpoint, but perhaps more importantly from a financial standpoint, as they try to keep themselves under or near the league's salary cap.
These financial decisions are set to have a significant impact on players' futures, and several athletes who played collegiately in the state of Utah will be counted among those whose NFL future is altered.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20