MURRAY — The Murray Education Foundation has announced six recipients of the 10th annual Pinnacle Awards, a recognition that honors outstanding efforts of excellence in education in the Murray School District.
The award recipients are: Cal Beck, Parkside Elementary third-grade teacher; Jill Burnside, Liberty Elementary literacy specialist; Karen Emery, McMillan Elementary third-grade teacher; Jennifer Mackay, Riverview Junior High math and science teacher; Kathy Chappell, Murray High School financial secretary; and Carol Flannery, volunteer at Viewmont Elementary.
These honorees will be guests at the annual Pinnacle Awards Gala, Thursday, March 28, at Murray High School. They will also be presented a cash award of $500, a statuette and a gift basket.
For more information on the gala, contact Jeanne Habel, foundation executive director, at 801-808-1301 or 801-268-0076.
The Murray Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that actively promotes and recognizes excellence in the Murray schools by encouraging contributions and building community partnerships to enhance education.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13