Man claims sexual assault while passed out and handcuffed
LOGAN — A man who claims he was sexually assaulted while under arrest — passed out and handcuffed in a hospital room — has filed a federal civil lawsuit against the city of Logan and its police department.
Brett Jensen was arrested Jan. 20, 2012, and later convicted of intoxication. He was handcuffed and placed in a police patrol car following his arrest. On the way to jail he passed out, so the officer took him to Logan Regional Hospital, according to the lawsuit filed this week in U.S. District Court.
While he was left alone unconscious and handcuffed in a hospital room, Hal Weston, an emergency room technician, went into the room and performed oral sex on Jensen, according to the lawsuit.
Weston was charged in 1st District Court with forcible sodomy, a first-degree felony. The case is currently scheduled to go to trial in May.
On Jan. 13, Jensen filed a personal injury suit in 1st District Court against Weston, the hospital, Intermountain Healthcare, a doctor, Logan City, the Logan Police Department and some of its officers. Wednesday, police and the city were dismissed from the suit; however, they are now named in the new federal suit. Jensen claims Logan police officer James Gale turned a blind eye to what was happening and didn't stop the sexual assault when he had the chance.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14