Orem man dies of burns suffered in Provo parking lot
PROVO — An Orem man who suffered burns over 80 percent of his body outside a 7-Eleven has died.
Sean Ryan Romero, 22, died early Wednesday at the University Hospital Burn Center.
On Monday, Provo police and firefighters were called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven at 525 W. Columbia Lane. They arrived to find a man fully engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the incident were still being investigated Wednesday.
Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said ignitable liquids were "in play here somewhere." But it was unknown Wednesday whether there were liquids inside or outside the Dumpster, how they got there or how they were ignited. Samples have been sent to the Utah State Crime Lab for analysis, he said.
Toxicology tests are also being conducted.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Provo police at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9