Orem man dies of burns suffered in Provo parking lot
PROVO — An Orem man who suffered burns over 80 percent of his body outside a 7-Eleven has died.
Sean Ryan Romero, 22, died early Wednesday at the University Hospital Burn Center.
On Monday, Provo police and firefighters were called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven at 525 W. Columbia Lane. They arrived to find a man fully engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the incident were still being investigated Wednesday.
Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said ignitable liquids were "in play here somewhere." But it was unknown Wednesday whether there were liquids inside or outside the Dumpster, how they got there or how they were ignited. Samples have been sent to the Utah State Crime Lab for analysis, he said.
Toxicology tests are also being conducted.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Provo police at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35