Orem man dies of burns suffered in Provo parking lot
PROVO — An Orem man who suffered burns over 80 percent of his body outside a 7-Eleven has died.
Sean Ryan Romero, 22, died early Wednesday at the University Hospital Burn Center.
On Monday, Provo police and firefighters were called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven at 525 W. Columbia Lane. They arrived to find a man fully engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the incident were still being investigated Wednesday.
Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said ignitable liquids were "in play here somewhere." But it was unknown Wednesday whether there were liquids inside or outside the Dumpster, how they got there or how they were ignited. Samples have been sent to the Utah State Crime Lab for analysis, he said.
Toxicology tests are also being conducted.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Provo police at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16