Orem man dies of burns suffered in Provo parking lot
PROVO — An Orem man who suffered burns over 80 percent of his body outside a 7-Eleven has died.
Sean Ryan Romero, 22, died early Wednesday at the University Hospital Burn Center.
On Monday, Provo police and firefighters were called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven at 525 W. Columbia Lane. They arrived to find a man fully engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the incident were still being investigated Wednesday.
Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said ignitable liquids were "in play here somewhere." But it was unknown Wednesday whether there were liquids inside or outside the Dumpster, how they got there or how they were ignited. Samples have been sent to the Utah State Crime Lab for analysis, he said.
Toxicology tests are also being conducted.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Provo police at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12