Orem man dies of burns suffered in Provo parking lot
PROVO — An Orem man who suffered burns over 80 percent of his body outside a 7-Eleven has died.
Sean Ryan Romero, 22, died early Wednesday at the University Hospital Burn Center.
On Monday, Provo police and firefighters were called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven at 525 W. Columbia Lane. They arrived to find a man fully engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the incident were still being investigated Wednesday.
Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said ignitable liquids were "in play here somewhere." But it was unknown Wednesday whether there were liquids inside or outside the Dumpster, how they got there or how they were ignited. Samples have been sent to the Utah State Crime Lab for analysis, he said.
Toxicology tests are also being conducted.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Provo police at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19