The Ghana native has been one of the hottest names in scouting circles since the middle of the season after emerging as a force on BYU's tenacious defense. Ansah recorded 62 tackles, including 13 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks, while playing a myriad of positions (DE, DT, NT and OLB) for the Cougars.
Those feats are remarkable when factoring in his limited experience (only three years of organized football) and unrefined game. Ansah's production is a testament to the immense talent and athleticism that have led some scouts to compare him to Jason Pierre-Paul.
Ansah (6-5, 274 pounds) is a former walk-on track athlete with a 21.9 200-meter time in his background. That is a phenomenal time for an athlete of his size, revealing his overall athleticism and explosiveness.
On the football field, Ansah showcases those abilities as a dynamic pass-rushing threat off the edge. He overwhelms blockers with first-step quickness, yet also shows the capacity to turn speed into power. Additionally, Ansah displays a relentless motor and impressive hand skills that allow him to play with power or finesse on rush downs.
Although he is still developing a sequence of moves to counter various blocking tactics, Ansah's natural ability and talent jump off the screen when watching the tape. The Cougars' defensive staff tapped into Ansah's disruptive skills by utilizing him at a number of positions along the line, captivating the imaginations of defensive coordinators around the NFL.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26