SALT LAKE CITY — An editor and writer from the New York Times will speak to Utah small-business owners next month.
Loren Feldman, small-business editor of the New York Times, and Jay Goltz, a longtime small-business owner who writes the Thinking Entrepreneur column for the newspaper's You’re The Boss blog, will present to Utah’s small-business owners on Wednesday, March 6, 3-5 p.m. at the Salt Lake Community College, Miller Campus, 9750 S. 300 West in Sandy.
At the event, Feldman and Goltz will discuss what they are doing at the New York Times for small businesses and will give examples of the kinds of topics and stories they cover. Lead columnist Goltz will then talk about his 30 years of trial-and-error experience as a business owner and will share the lessons he’s learned.
Utah Technology Council members can attend the event for $10 and nonmembers for $30. To register for the event, go to bit.ly/12soIHF. Once registered, UTC will send instructions for where and how to submit company descriptions and issues for Feldman and Goltz.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- These two things are helping California's...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Adults expect to spend $720 on gifts. Here's...
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend cautiously
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend... 1
- Millions expected to shop on Thanksgiving 1