Utah Jazz: Nets shift trade focus to Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries could return to Utah
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the New York Daily News reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.
ESPN reported last week that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 287
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 51
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37