Utah Jazz: Nets shift trade focus to Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries could return to Utah
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the New York Daily News reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.
ESPN reported last week that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19