Utah Jazz: Nets shift trade focus to Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries could return to Utah
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the New York Daily News reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.
ESPN reported last week that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21