Utah Jazz: Nets shift trade focus to Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries could return to Utah
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the New York Daily News reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.
ESPN reported last week that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 36