Utah Jazz: Nets shift trade focus to Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries could return to Utah
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the New York Daily News reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.
ESPN reported last week that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24