Police identify 22-year old man burned near Provo convenience store
PROVO — Police have identified the 22-year-old man who was critically burned Monday outside a 7-Eleven as Sean Ryan Romero, of Orem.
Police discovered Romero while responding to a Dumpster fire at 525 W. Columbia Lane. According to witnesses, Romero caught fire behind the store.
The fire was eventually extinguished by workers from an adjacent auto shop, but not before Romero had suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. He continues to receive treatment at the University Hospital Burn Center.
Investigators say the cause of the fire remains unknown.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12