Police identify 22-year old man burned near Provo convenience store
PROVO — Police have identified the 22-year-old man who was critically burned Monday outside a 7-Eleven as Sean Ryan Romero, of Orem.
Police discovered Romero while responding to a Dumpster fire at 525 W. Columbia Lane. According to witnesses, Romero caught fire behind the store.
The fire was eventually extinguished by workers from an adjacent auto shop, but not before Romero had suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. He continues to receive treatment at the University Hospital Burn Center.
Investigators say the cause of the fire remains unknown.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8