PROVO — Police have identified the 22-year-old man who was critically burned Monday outside a 7-Eleven as Sean Ryan Romero, of Orem.
Police discovered Romero while responding to a Dumpster fire at 525 W. Columbia Lane. According to witnesses, Romero caught fire behind the store.
The fire was eventually extinguished by workers from an adjacent auto shop, but not before Romero had suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. He continues to receive treatment at the University Hospital Burn Center.
Investigators say the cause of the fire remains unknown.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 23
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23