Police identify 22-year old man burned near Provo convenience store
PROVO — Police have identified the 22-year-old man who was critically burned Monday outside a 7-Eleven as Sean Ryan Romero, of Orem.
Police discovered Romero while responding to a Dumpster fire at 525 W. Columbia Lane. According to witnesses, Romero caught fire behind the store.
The fire was eventually extinguished by workers from an adjacent auto shop, but not before Romero had suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. He continues to receive treatment at the University Hospital Burn Center.
Investigators say the cause of the fire remains unknown.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 24
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16