Police identify 22-year old man burned near Provo convenience store
PROVO — Police have identified the 22-year-old man who was critically burned Monday outside a 7-Eleven as Sean Ryan Romero, of Orem.
Police discovered Romero while responding to a Dumpster fire at 525 W. Columbia Lane. According to witnesses, Romero caught fire behind the store.
The fire was eventually extinguished by workers from an adjacent auto shop, but not before Romero had suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. He continues to receive treatment at the University Hospital Burn Center.
Investigators say the cause of the fire remains unknown.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210 or the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17