CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University's Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a second-round 75 on Tuesday at The Lumberjack Ocotillo to move up from a tie for 21st into a tie for 11th.
Nagel opened the tournament with an 83 before posting UVU's first round in the 70s.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive 81 but fell from a 16th-place tie into a tie for 21st.
Final-round action will get underway Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start. Tuesday's round was delayed close to two hours because of frost.
McNeese State's Kelsey Haynie (150) leads the tournament.
McNeese State (611) holds a 20-shot lead over second-place Northern Arizona (332). Utah Valley (664) remained in ninth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34