CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University's Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a second-round 75 on Tuesday at The Lumberjack Ocotillo to move up from a tie for 21st into a tie for 11th.
Nagel opened the tournament with an 83 before posting UVU's first round in the 70s.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive 81 but fell from a 16th-place tie into a tie for 21st.
Final-round action will get underway Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start. Tuesday's round was delayed close to two hours because of frost.
McNeese State's Kelsey Haynie (150) leads the tournament.
McNeese State (611) holds a 20-shot lead over second-place Northern Arizona (332). Utah Valley (664) remained in ninth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37