CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University's Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a second-round 75 on Tuesday at The Lumberjack Ocotillo to move up from a tie for 21st into a tie for 11th.
Nagel opened the tournament with an 83 before posting UVU's first round in the 70s.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive 81 but fell from a 16th-place tie into a tie for 21st.
Final-round action will get underway Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start. Tuesday's round was delayed close to two hours because of frost.
McNeese State's Kelsey Haynie (150) leads the tournament.
McNeese State (611) holds a 20-shot lead over second-place Northern Arizona (332). Utah Valley (664) remained in ninth.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 68
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28