High school football: Highland junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone commits to Michigan
SALT LAKE CITY — Highland High junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone announced Tuesday that he’ll be donning the Maize and Blue.
Mone pledged to sign a national letter of intent with the University of Michigan in 2014.
A 6-foot-4, 310-pound defender who's deceptively quick and intuitive, Mone tallied 71 tackles with 3 sacks in 2012 and started both ways for the Rams.
He has recorded 110 career tackles and 4½ sacks.
Mone is the second player from Highland High the past two seasons to commit to Michigan, joining former teammate Sione Houma.
Mone, who is the third commit of the Wolverines' 2014 class, fits the Big Ten mold as a physical, overpowering defender that often requires a double-team to contain. With his 310-pound frame, Mone has shown an ability to anticipate the snap count and get off the ball quickly.
In 2012, he was instrumental on the defensive front for a Highland defense that reached the 4A semifinals and limited opponents to 11.5 points per game.
Mone is rated a four-star prospect on Scout.com and the No. 7 defensive tackle prospect. He also held offers from Arizona State, Boise State, BYU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Utah State and Wisconsin.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 111
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37