High school football: Highland junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone commits to Michigan
SALT LAKE CITY — Highland High junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone announced Tuesday that he’ll be donning the Maize and Blue.
Mone pledged to sign a national letter of intent with the University of Michigan in 2014.
A 6-foot-4, 310-pound defender who's deceptively quick and intuitive, Mone tallied 71 tackles with 3 sacks in 2012 and started both ways for the Rams.
He has recorded 110 career tackles and 4½ sacks.
Mone is the second player from Highland High the past two seasons to commit to Michigan, joining former teammate Sione Houma.
Mone, who is the third commit of the Wolverines' 2014 class, fits the Big Ten mold as a physical, overpowering defender that often requires a double-team to contain. With his 310-pound frame, Mone has shown an ability to anticipate the snap count and get off the ball quickly.
In 2012, he was instrumental on the defensive front for a Highland defense that reached the 4A semifinals and limited opponents to 11.5 points per game.
Mone is rated a four-star prospect on Scout.com and the No. 7 defensive tackle prospect. He also held offers from Arizona State, Boise State, BYU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Utah State and Wisconsin.
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30