High school football: Highland junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone commits to Michigan
SALT LAKE CITY — Highland High junior defensive tackle Bryan Mone announced Tuesday that he’ll be donning the Maize and Blue.
Mone pledged to sign a national letter of intent with the University of Michigan in 2014.
A 6-foot-4, 310-pound defender who's deceptively quick and intuitive, Mone tallied 71 tackles with 3 sacks in 2012 and started both ways for the Rams.
He has recorded 110 career tackles and 4½ sacks.
Mone is the second player from Highland High the past two seasons to commit to Michigan, joining former teammate Sione Houma.
Mone, who is the third commit of the Wolverines' 2014 class, fits the Big Ten mold as a physical, overpowering defender that often requires a double-team to contain. With his 310-pound frame, Mone has shown an ability to anticipate the snap count and get off the ball quickly.
In 2012, he was instrumental on the defensive front for a Highland defense that reached the 4A semifinals and limited opponents to 11.5 points per game.
Mone is rated a four-star prospect on Scout.com and the No. 7 defensive tackle prospect. He also held offers from Arizona State, Boise State, BYU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Utah State and Wisconsin.
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 39
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25