Utahn, Mormon mother on 'Survivor: Caramoan' plans to change her game this season
Her children have autographed photos of other Survivors on their walls and Meehan still keeps in touch with the cast from Season 23.
Meehan, who lives in the Founders Park 8th Ward, South Jordan Utah Founders Park Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, now teaches the Valiant 11 Primary class. And a few of the children in her class have seen “Survivor.”
Being a Mormon didn’t really come up much on “Survivor: South Pacific” broadcasts, but she did have a few off-camera conversations with some of the other castaways.
“I wear (my religion) on my heart and not on my sleeve,” Meehan said. “It’s intrinsic to who I am.”
And she’s hoping to represent her religion well, while recognizing that it’s a televised game.
“This time, I see it a lot more as a game,” she added.
The lessons that she has learned from being on "Survivor" include spiritual ones.
“I believe I was half meeting my potential in a spiritual and physical sense,” Meehan said of her life before being on the show, which “requires you to see if you can give 100 percent.”
“Life is more fulfilling when you challenge yourself,” Meehan said. “Now, I’m not as nervous about challenges.”
And she encourages her family to set challenging goals for themselves as she and her husband have them set physical and academic goals. Including a trio of them who wanted to learn how to do a back handspring. They enrolled in a gym class and within a few weeks, they were doing two back handsprings in a row.
“Growth takes place and life is more satisfying,” Meehan said. “It’s exciting to see what your body can do.”
No matter how the game ends up, there is one thing Meehan can count on.
After cheering on her mom in “Survivor” twice in 11 months, one of Meehan's younger daughters is hoping that the show continues for several years so that she can at least apply to be on it.
“Survivor: Caramoan Islands — Fans vs. Favorites” airs Wednesdays at 7 p.m. on CBS.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta sings 'If the...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- LDS Church releases 'He Is The Gift'...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- LDS Church to send email newsletters to...
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- Richard Paul Evans: 8-year-old boy with bone...
- New friends plan to work together to... 63
- Evangelicals with gay children... 28
- John Jones died in a cave, but his... 14
- Ask Angela: Should I end this... 11
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle... 10
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an... 8
- 7 bizarre ways religious leaders have... 5
- Can Jews and Muslims get along? 60... 5