SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah Office of Sustainability next week will celebrate its fifth anniversary with a series of events to mark the occasion.
Focus the U on Sustainability teach-in will run from Tuesday, Feb. 19, through Friday, Feb. 22, in which instructors from across campus incorporate sustainability, environmental management and climate change into their lectures
On Feb. 20 at 6 p.m., there will be a screening of the Redford Center’s "Watershed" documentary, which focuses on concerns for the Colorado River, followed by panel discussion of local experts, at the Post Theater, 245 S. Fort Douglas Blvd.
On Thursday, Feb. 21, from 9:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m. will be the Innovative Sustainability Symposium. The day's events include the women in science, engineering, and technology breakfast at 9:30 a.m. in the Aline Skaggs Biology building lobby, and from 2-3:30 p.m. the keynote address, “A Sustainable World Already Exists: Biomimicry and the Quest to Solve Global Challenges,” by biologist Janine Benyus, in the auditorium of the same building
All events are free and open to the public.
For more information and details on other events, contact the University of Utah Office of Sustainability at 801-581-7506 or visit www.sustainability.utah.edu.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13