Utah Highway Patrol,
ST. GEORGE — Four drivers were caught in two separate accidents Monday when rolls of insulation fell off a truck on I-15.
The crashes occurred near milepost 10 outside St. George about 5:40 p.m. when drivers attempted to slow down and pass the spilled insulation and were rear-ended, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The male driver of one vehicle that hit the back of another car was taken by medical helicopter to a Las Vegas hospital. No information about his condition was available Monday.
No one was injured in the second accident, which happened within a minute of the first.
Northbound I-15 was closed for about 30 minutes while the medical helicopter was on scene, and the left lane remained closed an additional 90 minutes while an investigation was conducted, according to UHP.
The driver of the pickup truck that lost the rolls of insulation has contacted UHP, and troopers are following up with the driver.
- Gunman caught after shooting father-in-law in...
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at Miss USA...
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is...
- 2 others back up extortion claims against...
- NPR writer 'slightly' defends Miss Utah USA's...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Hillcrest High School sees enrollment surge...
- Animal rights group threatens Utah fur... 21
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 21
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 20
- Poll: Majority of Utahns want... 18
- Wife's website could get Jeremy Johnson... 17