Utah Highway Patrol,
ST. GEORGE — Four drivers were caught in two separate accidents Monday when rolls of insulation fell off a truck on I-15.
The crashes occurred near milepost 10 outside St. George about 5:40 p.m. when drivers attempted to slow down and pass the spilled insulation and were rear-ended, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The male driver of one vehicle that hit the back of another car was taken by medical helicopter to a Las Vegas hospital. No information about his condition was available Monday.
No one was injured in the second accident, which happened within a minute of the first.
Northbound I-15 was closed for about 30 minutes while the medical helicopter was on scene, and the left lane remained closed an additional 90 minutes while an investigation was conducted, according to UHP.
The driver of the pickup truck that lost the rolls of insulation has contacted UHP, and troopers are following up with the driver.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24