Utah Jazz: GM Dennis Lindsey believes flexibility will help franchise's future success
Good enough to be the Jazz's point guard of the future?
"Yes, he could. We'll see how the rest of the season goes," Lindsey said. "I'll say this, he's acquitted himself well here. He's been very professional and we really appreciate what he's done so far."
Ultimately, the Jazz realize championships are won by players, and Lindsey believes the organization is in a prime spot to build toward that goal.
That point makes the next week and a half and this offseason quite intriguing.
The Jazz don’t have a star player, but could they try to get one or hope one of the young guns blossoms into one? Or could they just try to stack the squad with a bunch of solid players and hope the team-first concept pays off?
"It's a players-driven league. Every good coach will continually harp that this is a players' league," Lindsey said. "I think there's a lot of different ways to team build. You can look at different models, whether it's heavily star driven, a true franchise player that is an all-time great, or you have a Detroit model, for lack of better description, where they do it with five good starters and good depth."
The Jazz's preferred course?
To be determined.
"I think with how we're positioned, we have the ability to react to a lot of different scenarios and team build in a lot of different ways," Lindsey said. "I don't mean to harp on flexibility. I think that's a strength of ours is to react to markets."
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 75
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 68
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 68
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 50
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 38
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 29
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21