Utah Jazz: GM Dennis Lindsey believes flexibility will help franchise's future success
Good enough to be the Jazz's point guard of the future?
"Yes, he could. We'll see how the rest of the season goes," Lindsey said. "I'll say this, he's acquitted himself well here. He's been very professional and we really appreciate what he's done so far."
Ultimately, the Jazz realize championships are won by players, and Lindsey believes the organization is in a prime spot to build toward that goal.
That point makes the next week and a half and this offseason quite intriguing.
The Jazz don’t have a star player, but could they try to get one or hope one of the young guns blossoms into one? Or could they just try to stack the squad with a bunch of solid players and hope the team-first concept pays off?
"It's a players-driven league. Every good coach will continually harp that this is a players' league," Lindsey said. "I think there's a lot of different ways to team build. You can look at different models, whether it's heavily star driven, a true franchise player that is an all-time great, or you have a Detroit model, for lack of better description, where they do it with five good starters and good depth."
The Jazz's preferred course?
To be determined.
"I think with how we're positioned, we have the ability to react to a lot of different scenarios and team build in a lot of different ways," Lindsey said. "I don't mean to harp on flexibility. I think that's a strength of ours is to react to markets."
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14