SOUTH SALT LAKE — A car dealer is accused of selling cars but failing to provide the vehicles' titles.
Michael Toscano, 42, of South Jordan, is charged with four counts of failure by a dealer to deliver a title of origin, a class A misdemeanor, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
Four individuals who purchased cars in November from Mike's Motors, 3830 S. Main, paying between $7,000 and $24,000, had not received the title and registration for the vehicles by mid-January.
One car buyer told police Toscano had instructed her she would have to file a complaint against his business because it was closing, charges state.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19