CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal is tied for 16th and sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel is tied for 21st after the first day of The Lumberjack at Ocotillo.
Dougal recorded a first-round 81, while Nagel carded an 83. As a team, the Wolverines (339) are in ninth place heading into Tuesday's second round, which tees off at 7:30 a.m.
McNeese State — thanks to Lina Lagergren and Kelsey Haynie, who are tied for first with first-round 71s — leads the tournament by 16 shots over second-place Northern Arizona.
Behind Dougal and Nagel, Brooke Bliss (86) is tied for 35th, Hannah Herman (89) is tied for 48th and Cassandra Lesa (100) is in 61st.
The 54-hole event is being contested at the par-72, 6,302-yard Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34