CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal is tied for 16th and sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel is tied for 21st after the first day of The Lumberjack at Ocotillo.
Dougal recorded a first-round 81, while Nagel carded an 83. As a team, the Wolverines (339) are in ninth place heading into Tuesday's second round, which tees off at 7:30 a.m.
McNeese State — thanks to Lina Lagergren and Kelsey Haynie, who are tied for first with first-round 71s — leads the tournament by 16 shots over second-place Northern Arizona.
Behind Dougal and Nagel, Brooke Bliss (86) is tied for 35th, Hannah Herman (89) is tied for 48th and Cassandra Lesa (100) is in 61st.
The 54-hole event is being contested at the par-72, 6,302-yard Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24