CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal is tied for 16th and sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel is tied for 21st after the first day of The Lumberjack at Ocotillo.
Dougal recorded a first-round 81, while Nagel carded an 83. As a team, the Wolverines (339) are in ninth place heading into Tuesday's second round, which tees off at 7:30 a.m.
McNeese State — thanks to Lina Lagergren and Kelsey Haynie, who are tied for first with first-round 71s — leads the tournament by 16 shots over second-place Northern Arizona.
Behind Dougal and Nagel, Brooke Bliss (86) is tied for 35th, Hannah Herman (89) is tied for 48th and Cassandra Lesa (100) is in 61st.
The 54-hole event is being contested at the par-72, 6,302-yard Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26