CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal is tied for 16th and sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel is tied for 21st after the first day of The Lumberjack at Ocotillo.
Dougal recorded a first-round 81, while Nagel carded an 83. As a team, the Wolverines (339) are in ninth place heading into Tuesday's second round, which tees off at 7:30 a.m.
McNeese State — thanks to Lina Lagergren and Kelsey Haynie, who are tied for first with first-round 71s — leads the tournament by 16 shots over second-place Northern Arizona.
Behind Dougal and Nagel, Brooke Bliss (86) is tied for 35th, Hannah Herman (89) is tied for 48th and Cassandra Lesa (100) is in 61st.
The 54-hole event is being contested at the par-72, 6,302-yard Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28