CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal is tied for 16th and sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel is tied for 21st after the first day of The Lumberjack at Ocotillo.
Dougal recorded a first-round 81, while Nagel carded an 83. As a team, the Wolverines (339) are in ninth place heading into Tuesday's second round, which tees off at 7:30 a.m.
McNeese State — thanks to Lina Lagergren and Kelsey Haynie, who are tied for first with first-round 71s — leads the tournament by 16 shots over second-place Northern Arizona.
Behind Dougal and Nagel, Brooke Bliss (86) is tied for 35th, Hannah Herman (89) is tied for 48th and Cassandra Lesa (100) is in 61st.
The 54-hole event is being contested at the par-72, 6,302-yard Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15