Man found on fire with burns over 80 percent of body
Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A 22-year-old man was being treated for burns over 80 percent of his body Monday.
Provo police and fire crews were originally called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven, 525 W. Columbia Lane. When they arrived, they found a man on fire on the ground next to the Dumpster, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
The man reportedly caught fire near a Dumpster about 10 yards behind the store, he said. The victim then walked past the front of the store to another Dumpster on the far end of the parking lot, Sinufanua said. Workers from a nearby auto shop used extinguishers to try and put the fire out.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Dumpster had visible burn marks on the exterior. The victim was flown by medical helicopter to the Burn Center at University Hospital.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12