Man found on fire with burns over 80 percent of body
Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A 22-year-old man was being treated for burns over 80 percent of his body Monday.
Provo police and fire crews were originally called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven, 525 W. Columbia Lane. When they arrived, they found a man on fire on the ground next to the Dumpster, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
The man reportedly caught fire near a Dumpster about 10 yards behind the store, he said. The victim then walked past the front of the store to another Dumpster on the far end of the parking lot, Sinufanua said. Workers from a nearby auto shop used extinguishers to try and put the fire out.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Dumpster had visible burn marks on the exterior. The victim was flown by medical helicopter to the Burn Center at University Hospital.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17