Man found on fire with burns over 80 percent of body
Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A 22-year-old man was being treated for burns over 80 percent of his body Monday.
Provo police and fire crews were originally called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven, 525 W. Columbia Lane. When they arrived, they found a man on fire on the ground next to the Dumpster, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
The man reportedly caught fire near a Dumpster about 10 yards behind the store, he said. The victim then walked past the front of the store to another Dumpster on the far end of the parking lot, Sinufanua said. Workers from a nearby auto shop used extinguishers to try and put the fire out.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Dumpster had visible burn marks on the exterior. The victim was flown by medical helicopter to the Burn Center at University Hospital.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 114
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 44
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 32
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS... 16