Man found on fire with burns over 80 percent of body
Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A 22-year-old man was being treated for burns over 80 percent of his body Monday.
Provo police and fire crews were originally called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven, 525 W. Columbia Lane. When they arrived, they found a man on fire on the ground next to the Dumpster, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
The man reportedly caught fire near a Dumpster about 10 yards behind the store, he said. The victim then walked past the front of the store to another Dumpster on the far end of the parking lot, Sinufanua said. Workers from a nearby auto shop used extinguishers to try and put the fire out.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Dumpster had visible burn marks on the exterior. The victim was flown by medical helicopter to the Burn Center at University Hospital.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Appreciating sacrifice: Deployed soldiers...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Step right up: Salt Lake police hope trapeze...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12