Man found on fire with burns over 80 percent of body
Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A 22-year-old man was being treated for burns over 80 percent of his body Monday.
Provo police and fire crews were originally called to a Dumpster fire at a 7-Eleven, 525 W. Columbia Lane. When they arrived, they found a man on fire on the ground next to the Dumpster, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
The man reportedly caught fire near a Dumpster about 10 yards behind the store, he said. The victim then walked past the front of the store to another Dumpster on the far end of the parking lot, Sinufanua said. Workers from a nearby auto shop used extinguishers to try and put the fire out.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Dumpster had visible burn marks on the exterior. The victim was flown by medical helicopter to the Burn Center at University Hospital.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 29