SALT LAKE CITY — The 37th annual KSL Radiothon to benefit Primary Children's Medical Center will be held Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 13-14.
The radiothon features two days of inspiring stories during a 26-hour period. The 2012 KSL Radiothon raised $480,278. To date, the fundraiser has brought in $8.5 million.
All donations made during the radiothon provide medical care for families in need from the Intermountain West region, as well as other services that enhance the healing process, including music therapy and bereavement counseling. Physicians at Primary Children’s Medical Center donate their services for patients who receive charity assistance at the hospital.
“This annual tradition not only embraces the hospital’s philosophy, ‘The Child First and Always,’ but it invites the community to partner with KSL in giving the future to children of the Intermountain area, who are battling cancer, heart defects, cystic fibrosis, prematurity, and other illnesses and injuries,” said Sharon Goodrich, foundation director at the hospital.
“This amazing facility and group of doctors, nurses and specialists help change and save children’s lives,” said Tami Ostmark, vice president of marketing at KSL. “The radiothon is our way of not only giving back, but being a voice in the community on their behalf.”
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 16