Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- Small cars fare poorly in crash safety tests
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4