Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- How 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- The marriage between economic success and...
- How saving for retirement requires change in...
- The family is America's No. 1 priority when...
- Dave Ramsey says: Investing in a more...
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- How one woman got rid of $20,000 in... 2
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Smartphone data encryption causing... 2
- 5 questions to ask on the way to the ER 2
- This billionaire is going to die broke... 2
- How saving for retirement requires... 1