Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- Balancing act: Sometimes a 'serious' office...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2
- Save money by replacing appliances that... 1
- Retail sales are up since last month 1