Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- How do Americans use their time? 1