Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Why financing can make or break your holidays
- Balancing act: Humility, confidence help when...
- Dave Ramsey says: An emergency fund...
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- A guide to this year's best tech gifts
- White House: On track for health care... 13
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Couple money woes: When one partner is... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 4
- Black Friday nationwide coverage:... 2
- Record crowds over weekend, but... 2
- Senior discounts: Adult children... 1