Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Could a teenager's science fair project save...
- Recent college graduates feeling the pinch of...
- Equity, not debt: a whole new way to invest...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Recent college graduates feeling the... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales 4
- Student debt holds back many would-be... 3