Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 4
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1