Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Can a cash grocery budget save you money?
- Which home improvements give the best ROI?
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 6 steps to better budgeting
- What women can do to prepare for retirement
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 8
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- What women can do to prepare for... 3
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2