Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Down payment for love: How to think about the...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: How to think... 2
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 1