Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Why some handsome men have trouble finding work
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Why it's important to be yourself at work
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Dave Ramsey says: Personal finance is all...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 18
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 5
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 3
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is... 1
- Why college matters more today than 20... 1