Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- 10 cheapest colleges for out-of-state students
- Are schools preparing students for the new...
- Millennials are more depressed than older...
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling projects...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Are schools preparing students for the... 11
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Loans, taxes, regulations on small... 1
- US consumer prices up a slight 0.1... 1