Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- All aboard: How to win the budget battle with...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- How to eat on just $4 a day 10
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Religious companies can now opt out of... 8
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4