Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1
- Balancing act: Humility, confidence... 1