Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Struggling financially? Winning a Grammy could help.
Behind the additional fame and glory that a Grammy victory offers, the financial boost it offers is greater, according to an article by Forbes.
Those behind the scenes of a Grammy awardee, like Jim Jonson, a producer for Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop,” have a huge earnings boost. After the award, Jonsin’s producer fee jumped 90 percent.
“Songwriters and producers, they don’t really appear on camera,” Jonsin told Forbes. “For those guys, it’s a (particularly) big deal.
Part of the great financial swell comes from touring acts after the award. Taylor Swift’s average nightly gross surged from $125,000 to $600,000 — a 380 percent increase.
For Swift, the limelight of the Grammy’s lasted more than just an initial bump. In 2011, her nightly gross earnings jumped to $1.1 million.
- Beware: Tax season is scam season
- Smartphones and the Internet are changing the...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Q&A: Gauge the costs, advantages of long-term...
- Balancing act: Lunch breaks make for a tasty...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 3
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 3
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1