Today in the Bloggernacle: Mormon Tabernacle Choir streams 'Music and the Spoken Word' Valentine's special
Facebook screen shot
Valentine’s special: “We love our fans!” the Mormon Tabernacle Choir proclaims. And to show this, for the first time ever, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints streamed its "Music and the Spoken Word" Valentine’s special on Facebook all day Sunday. You can visit the choir's Facebook page to see if the content is still streaming. Also, "like" the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Facebook to receive announcements about the choir in the future.
FHE love: With Valentine’s Day coming up this week, I knew there would be some family home evening lesson ideas provided by creative Mormon bloggers. Besides highlighting some great Mormon Message videos that could serve as a lovely lesson, the blog Finding Joy in the Journey describes how you can make “Notes of love — On Monday we had a family home evening lesson on love. For the activity we cut hearts from cardstock and wrote what we love about each member of our family. Then we taped them all over the kitchen cupboards. The best part of the activity was going around the table and reading our messages out loud. There were lots of feel-good smiles. This, I think, has to be my favorite one.” And blogger Michelle, doing a similar activity on her blog Sunshine and a Summer Breeze, created a Valentine’s countdown craft making love notes to open each day until the holiday. Awesome. Check out both ideas.
Menu Chart: A little printable “Menu Chart” handily provided by the blog Strong Armor could prove to make your meal planning just a bit easier. Print it, display it in your kitchen, and fill it out each week. It's that easy.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6