Today in the Bloggernacle: Mormon Tabernacle Choir streams 'Music and the Spoken Word' Valentine's special
Facebook screen shot
Valentine’s special: “We love our fans!” the Mormon Tabernacle Choir proclaims. And to show this, for the first time ever, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints streamed its "Music and the Spoken Word" Valentine’s special on Facebook all day Sunday. You can visit the choir's Facebook page to see if the content is still streaming. Also, "like" the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Facebook to receive announcements about the choir in the future.
FHE love: With Valentine’s Day coming up this week, I knew there would be some family home evening lesson ideas provided by creative Mormon bloggers. Besides highlighting some great Mormon Message videos that could serve as a lovely lesson, the blog Finding Joy in the Journey describes how you can make “Notes of love — On Monday we had a family home evening lesson on love. For the activity we cut hearts from cardstock and wrote what we love about each member of our family. Then we taped them all over the kitchen cupboards. The best part of the activity was going around the table and reading our messages out loud. There were lots of feel-good smiles. This, I think, has to be my favorite one.” And blogger Michelle, doing a similar activity on her blog Sunshine and a Summer Breeze, created a Valentine’s countdown craft making love notes to open each day until the holiday. Awesome. Check out both ideas.
Menu Chart: A little printable “Menu Chart” handily provided by the blog Strong Armor could prove to make your meal planning just a bit easier. Print it, display it in your kitchen, and fill it out each week. It's that easy.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5