PRICE — A couple is dead in what Carbon County investigators are calling an apparent murder-suicide. Authorities said a man called the Price Utah Public Safety Dispatch just before 3 a.m. on Sunday to report that he shot his wife and intended to shoot himself. Officers from various police agencies responded to a residence in the area of 600 West 300 South in Price.
Four children were safely removed from the residence as officers attempted to make contact with the husband and wife who remained inside.
A Carbon County Sheriff SWAT team entered the residence and discovered the bodies of 37-year old David Scott Donaldson and 32-year old Shaniel Kaye Donaldson in the master bedroom.
The investigation by Price Police Department and the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office is ongoing. The children — who were not physically harmed — are in the custody of family members.
According to Price Police Captain Bill Barnes, there had been no history of "domestic discord" in the home, making the incident all the more surprising.
"From the outside, it certainly came out of the blue," he said. "It's a shock to everybody that knew them. It's very horrific!"
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 107
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 44
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36