PRICE — A couple is dead in what Carbon County investigators are calling an apparent murder-suicide. Authorities said a man called the Price Utah Public Safety Dispatch just before 3 a.m. on Sunday to report that he shot his wife and intended to shoot himself. Officers from various police agencies responded to a residence in the area of 600 West 300 South in Price.
Four children were safely removed from the residence as officers attempted to make contact with the husband and wife who remained inside.
A Carbon County Sheriff SWAT team entered the residence and discovered the bodies of 37-year old David Scott Donaldson and 32-year old Shaniel Kaye Donaldson in the master bedroom.
The investigation by Price Police Department and the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office is ongoing. The children — who were not physically harmed — are in the custody of family members.
According to Price Police Captain Bill Barnes, there had been no history of "domestic discord" in the home, making the incident all the more surprising.
"From the outside, it certainly came out of the blue," he said. "It's a shock to everybody that knew them. It's very horrific!"
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19