Westminster basketball: Winning streak snapped with loss at Western
DILLON, Mont. – The 12th-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team had its seven-game winning streak snapped with a 76-54 loss at Montana Western on Saturday night in Frontier Conference play.
Westminster is now 20-5 overall this season and slip to 7-4 in league action. Montana Western improves to 17-8 and 7-5 with the win.
The Griffins shot just 40 percent from the floor in the game and were plagued with 22 turnovers which led to 21 UMW points. Westminster trailed 38-30 at halftime before getting outscored 37-24 after intermission. The Griffins scored 34 points in the paint and got 28 points from the bench.
Jordan Hamilton matched his career high with 11 points to lead the Griffins off the bench. He made all five of his field goal attempts and also led the team with six rebounds. Tallon Robertson added nine points and five rebounds with Jordan Bjornberg going for eight points and three rebounds.
Tyler Miller led three Bulldogs in double figures with 17 points and made three treys. Jake Owsley added 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Westminster will look to get back on track when it returns to action on Friday at Great Falls (Mont.). The action from the McLaughlin Center will begin at 7:30 p.m. and be carried live on the Altitude Sports Network.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25