Westminster basketball: Winning streak snapped with loss at Western
DILLON, Mont. – The 12th-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team had its seven-game winning streak snapped with a 76-54 loss at Montana Western on Saturday night in Frontier Conference play.
Westminster is now 20-5 overall this season and slip to 7-4 in league action. Montana Western improves to 17-8 and 7-5 with the win.
The Griffins shot just 40 percent from the floor in the game and were plagued with 22 turnovers which led to 21 UMW points. Westminster trailed 38-30 at halftime before getting outscored 37-24 after intermission. The Griffins scored 34 points in the paint and got 28 points from the bench.
Jordan Hamilton matched his career high with 11 points to lead the Griffins off the bench. He made all five of his field goal attempts and also led the team with six rebounds. Tallon Robertson added nine points and five rebounds with Jordan Bjornberg going for eight points and three rebounds.
Tyler Miller led three Bulldogs in double figures with 17 points and made three treys. Jake Owsley added 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Westminster will look to get back on track when it returns to action on Friday at Great Falls (Mont.). The action from the McLaughlin Center will begin at 7:30 p.m. and be carried live on the Altitude Sports Network.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20