Swallow has acknowledged using Peps I, a 75-foot-long houseboat with several cabins, a home theater and a helipad. The government has since seized the boat and put it up for sale.
Johnson said he doesn't know why Swallow brought that up during the meeting or why he sounded nervous about using it. Johnson said he let many people use his houseboat.
"Nothing was expected from letting him use it. It was no special deal," Johnson said.
Swallow, who turned 50 last November, was scheduled to go on a cruise with Pelo, another friend and their wives last month to celebrate their 50th birthdays together. But Swallow stayed behind, Pelo said, to "remain attentive to the affairs of the day."
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Want a better return on your college...
- Nu Skin Center to become new landmark in...
- Animal rights group threatens Utah fur farms...
- 'Pregnant' teen boys featured in Chicago's ad...
- Private school in Texas gives students...
- Animal rights group threatens Utah fur... 21
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Groups hold public rally to 'Stop the... 7
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 3
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1