Utah Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes fall in close game to No. 19 Oregon, 73-64
In a game that was expected by many to be a blowout, the Runnin' Utes held their own. Utah was only down by six points with two minutes left in the game, but did not have the consistency to come back against a strong Oregon team.
Utah shot the ball well at 50 percent from the field. But the Utes gave up 22 second-chance opportunities to the Ducks.
Jason Washburn had a huge game for the Utes with 20 points and six rebounds. However, he was less productive in the second half.
Oregon forward E.J. Singler led his team in scoring, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22