Utah Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes fall in close game to No. 19 Oregon, 73-64
In a game that was expected by many to be a blowout, the Runnin' Utes held their own. Utah was only down by six points with two minutes left in the game, but did not have the consistency to come back against a strong Oregon team.
Utah shot the ball well at 50 percent from the field. But the Utes gave up 22 second-chance opportunities to the Ducks.
Jason Washburn had a huge game for the Utes with 20 points and six rebounds. However, he was less productive in the second half.
Oregon forward E.J. Singler led his team in scoring, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19