Utah Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes fall in close game to No. 19 Oregon, 73-64
In a game that was expected by many to be a blowout, the Runnin' Utes held their own. Utah was only down by six points with two minutes left in the game, but did not have the consistency to come back against a strong Oregon team.
Utah shot the ball well at 50 percent from the field. But the Utes gave up 22 second-chance opportunities to the Ducks.
Jason Washburn had a huge game for the Utes with 20 points and six rebounds. However, he was less productive in the second half.
Oregon forward E.J. Singler led his team in scoring, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17