Utah Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes fall in close game to No. 19 Oregon, 73-64
In a game that was expected by many to be a blowout, the Runnin' Utes held their own. Utah was only down by six points with two minutes left in the game, but did not have the consistency to come back against a strong Oregon team.
Utah shot the ball well at 50 percent from the field. But the Utes gave up 22 second-chance opportunities to the Ducks.
Jason Washburn had a huge game for the Utes with 20 points and six rebounds. However, he was less productive in the second half.
Oregon forward E.J. Singler led his team in scoring, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26