PROVO, Utah — BYU senior Ryan Waite set a new school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:48.49 at the Husky Classic in Seattle, Wash. Waite won his heat and took sixth overall in the championship division of the 800 meters.
"Waite set a new school record, which was the highlight of the day for us," distance coach Ed Eyestone said. "David Graham and Jason Witt also ran well for us today in our last real regular season meet."
Graham won the 800-meter college division with a time of 1:50.11, his season-best.
BYU's Victor Weirich set a season-high mark in the pole vault Saturday at the Air Force Team Challenge in Colorado Springs, Colo. Weirich cleared 18-02.00, which ties him for the third best mark in the nation this year.
"Victor was unbelievable today," BYU head coach Mark Robison said. "He's finally healthy and ready to roll. He has one of the best heights in the nation now, so that's great."
Jameson Shirley took seventh in the pole vault with a mark of 16-00.75.
The Cougars fared well in the jumps, although it wasn't their strongest performance of the season. John Glazier took third in the long jump with a mark of 23-06-00, a half-inch better than his previous season-best. Sam Rockwood and Dakoda John tied for fourth place in the high jump, each clearing 6-09.00.
Benjamin Meyer took 16th in the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.57. Meyer also ran in the 60-meter dash, finishing fourth in his meet in 7.11 but failing to qualify for the final.
Jacob Foutz took ninth in the weight throw with a mark of 52-06.75.
The Cougars will take the next week off to prepare for the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships that will take place on Feb. 22-23.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15