Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30