Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28