Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48