Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 6