Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30