Aggie junior Spencer Butterfield had a double-double as Utah State beat the San Jose State Spartans 63-36 on Friday.
Butterfield was one of three USU players in double figures, with Marcel Davis and Jarred Shaw scoring 12 points apiece.
Despite a slow start, it did not take long for the Aggies to put this game to bed. Shaw made a two-point jumper to put USU into the lead at 11-9, and it was a lead that they did not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The Spartans were poor, shooting just 26 percent from the field - only a slight improvement from their first half percentage of just 19.
This win puts the Aggies at 17-5 for the season.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 95
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29