Spencer Butterfield has 13 points at halftime as the Utah State Aggies lead the San Jose State Spartans, 34-16.
The Aggies started slowly, but it did not take them long to build a lead before they pulled away to put themselves ahead by 20 points.
USU has played well so far, but SJSU is giving them an easy go of it, shooting just 19 percent from the field. The Aggies have benefited from the Spartans' poor shooting, getting 20 rebounds in the first half.
The Spartans' top performer is senior guard D.J. Brown, who has 11 points at the half.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43