Spencer Butterfield has 13 points at halftime as the Utah State Aggies lead the San Jose State Spartans, 34-16.
The Aggies started slowly, but it did not take them long to build a lead before they pulled away to put themselves ahead by 20 points.
USU has played well so far, but SJSU is giving them an easy go of it, shooting just 19 percent from the field. The Aggies have benefited from the Spartans' poor shooting, getting 20 rebounds in the first half.
The Spartans' top performer is senior guard D.J. Brown, who has 11 points at the half.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32